Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Homeless???


Have I mentioned before how awesome Liz and Miguel are?  I really don’t think I can say it enough.  Actually I KNOW I can’t say it enough.  We’ve now been at their house for three weeks!  We were supposed to move back to El Bichito yesterday but didn’t because the mold removers didn’t clean up after themselves AND two of the rooms are less than satisfactory.  Tomorrow we’re going to do some major sweeping/ mopping/ washing of walls.  

Seems like a dream come true, right?  Moving back to our beloved Bichito.  Wrong!  None of us want to go back.  And Miguel is working hard to get us to stay with them until we leave for Cusco.  How the heck are we supposed to decide to go back when we don’t want to AND we’re being begged to stay where we’re at.  We can’t figure out why the heck he wants us to stay.  We’re totally invading his home.  But they are all insistent that they love having us and we certainly love being with them.  It’s great not being cold at night.  It’s great having an actual kitchen.  It’s great having hot shower water.  It’s great not having a 7:30 curfew because that’s the latest a bus will take us back home.  It’s great going to places all around Cajamarca with Miguel in the mornings.  It’s just great having a family here.  People who care about where you are and what you’re doing.  People to pick on us and laugh with us.  We love them so so so so so so so sooooooooo much!!!  The sad part is that I don’t think anyone will ever truly understand how much they have blessed our lives.  Keep sending blessings their way!

The moral of this story is that we have a home we could move back to, but we might just stay with our new family.  There are pros and cons of both although right now we’re feeling more pro’s towards staying with them.  I’ll keep you posted.

PS- Have I mentioned how awesome Liz and Miguel are???

No comments:

Post a Comment