Saturday (the 21st) we spent wandering around Cajamarca. Not as easy as it sounds. We don’t know our way around and we didn’t want to wander too far because we needed to be able to find a bus back home when the time came. We were surprised by a plethora of water balloons when we neared the Plaza de Armas as Carnival is approaching and children of all ages like to chuck them at people…especially three gringas who stick out like sore thumbs. I was pelted once in the arm and Noelle got a good part of her toosh wet. They had excellent aim! And I’m sure some of them had slingshots of some sort to hit us that hard. Besides looking around us at ground level we also had to watch above us and children would hide on the roofs and in windows and drop balloons or buckets of water on unsuspecting pedestrians.
We visited the mall again and went in the main store and did some clothes shopping. We didn’t buy anything but I was soooooo tempted to get this amazing coat. I hope they store people didn’t mind we hadn’t showered in a few days and looked nasty…..
No comments:
Post a Comment