No hair? That's right. Today was one of those days which made me pull ALL my hair out. Every last strand is GONE. How is it that kids are sweet and precious one day and then mean, rude, deceiving little twerps the next? I swear I would have yelled today but I was fully aware that they wouldn't understand a word I was saying so it was pointless. Maybe it would be better to yell at kids in a different language? Hmmmmmmm. I guess it's never good to yell so it's a good thing I didn't.
It's like they all downed a big bottle of Inca Kola right before coming. I can't even describe the chaos I felt today. The boys were running everywhere-- inside and out. They were peeing into the garden across the street, wrestling each other, fighting over books and puzzles, yelling at each other and otherwise being obnoxious. One of the worst ones is a chubby little boy who also happens to be the son of the lady who runs this place. We knew from the start he could create some problems. He thinks he can do whatever he wants because his mom is in charge. Today he hit me after I told him he couldn't run and hang out the window any more...and then he ran away. It's not like I would have known what to say to scold him anyways haha
The girls were angels today. They kept to themselves, working on their crocheting projects and talking quietly. Today, I definitely favored the girls, although I dealt the entire time with the boys.
Now, it wasn't all bad. I did read quite a bit before lunch with a few of the boys that always read with me during that time. I also played "Blink" with a cutie named Milagros. She's 6 and doesn't quite get the point of the game but she loves playing it with me. We also had lentils for lunch today! Lentil days and bean days are my favorite.
I still love those boys, but lets hope tomorrow is a little calmer or I might start studying rude commands for my Spanish study :)
We'll go bald together. I had one of those days as well and just wanted to collapse in tears because I had NO patience left. Tomorrow will be better for both of us!
ReplyDelete