Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Saved in Ignorance?


Sadly, videos don’t upload well here but I’m going to try my best to describe an event that occurred last night.  If you ever happen to be around me and my computer, just ask to see this video…it’s so worth it.

First some background.  We have mold growing on our ceiling and a lot of it.  The paint is peeling off and it’s just green, gray and black mold.  Obviously, this can’t be good for our health but there’s not much we can do since our third floor doesn’t have a roof and it rains every day.  Noelle has done a lot of mold research and is very hesitant to cause any sort of disruption to it.  There are big (and little) chunks of paint hanging down from the ceiling that will occasionally fall down but we aren’t allowed to rip them off because it will cause the mold to go airborne, killing us all.  We know we need a weekend to just kill it all but there’s seriously SO MUCH of it and we use most of the rooms so it’s just a hassle.

Anyways, two days ago I walked upstairs to get something and there’s Felicana, SWEEPING the ceiling to get all the peeling paint chunks off.  Now, this is just the hallway, not our rooms, but still.  She was literally sweeping the ceiling.  Here, Noelle wouldn’t let Brittany carefully peel off the few large strips hanging over her bed and then I find Feliciana completely agitating every mold spore in our hallway.  I decided not to tell Noelle.  What she didn’t know, couldn’t kill her.

The next morning I decided to tell Brittany because I couldn’t not tell anyone.  It was our little secret. 
Then last night we started talking and laughing around the dinner table as we were (literally) whipping up dessert.  Noelle began filming so we’d have some sort of video diary of this new dessert (more on that in another post).  One thing led to another and we were talking about the mold on our ceiling.  Right about now, Brittany and I start giving each other sideways glances since we know something Noelle doesn’t.  Both of us are making comments about the mold that are hilarious to us and Noelle is completely clueless.  After a minute of this Brittany accidentally says something about a confession and Noelle clues into the fact that we’re laughing about something she’s not aware of.

This is when it hits her that we did something to the mold she’s not aware of.  She started freaking out, jumping out of her chair and yelling at us, and going altogether insane.  Brittany and I are laughing hysterically and it took us a while to get the story out.  Noelle about died. 

“Well before you would have been saved in ignorance but now you’re going to die.” - Brittany
 

No comments:

Post a Comment