Sunday, March 25, 2012

One Week!...left

Sheesh, do you remember the one week anniversary post like TEN weeks ago?!  Crazy how fast time flies and how much has changed since that post.

We have one week (technically five days) left in Cajamarca and they are jam-packed with things we need to get done.  Let me give you a smattering of what's on the "to-do" list:

- Shop in Cajamarca for all the touristy things we want.
- Take lots of pictures
- Finish our paintings (blog post on that forthcoming)
- Make cheese
- Have a campfire
- Eat ceviche again
- Eat at the delicious hamburger place again
- Have a girls day with Liz
- FHE with the old bishop
- Hike the cross mountain again
- Pick up Brittany's mom from the airport
- With Brittany's mom: Visit Llancanora, Otuzco, Santa Apolonia and Cajamarca in general
- Go to Cumbe Mayo
- Cook with Mamita
- Say goodbye to our favorite people
- Take pictures of buildings and the area we live
- Buy bus tickets for this weekend
- Find a place to live while we travel
- Remove mold from suitcases
- Pack/ clean
- Work at El Bichito every day
- Sleep
- Try not to freak out at the amount of stuff we want to do
- There's got to be at least ten things I'm forgetting.....

It's going to be a great week and hopefully no one gets sick!!

How am I feeling about only having one week left in Cajamarca?  I feel...ready.  I'm ready to come home and have some sense of normality back in my life.  Don't get me wrong, I have grown to love Peru, but I think I love America just a smidgen more.  I'm so excited to get back and move into a new apartment, get some new roommates, meet new people, start working again and just have college life fun.  I miss that.  I miss being able to talk to more than five people too.

I kind of keep forgetting that we still have a week and a half of pure touristy, traveling fun after we leave here!  We're going to visit Chiclayo (2 days), Trujillo (1 day), Cusco (4 days), Puno (2 days) and Lima (2 days) before jumping on a plane back to Miami.  It's sad that I'll probably spend twice as much money that last week than I have in the three months of being here.  Once in a lifetime experience...I just need to keep repeating that to myself :)

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I can't believe the time has gone so fast, as I am sure you think the same. My mom and I were just talking about you last night. She is here in Michigan visiting. Don't worry all good things. Hope you are able to do all the things you want to before you leave. Travel safely!

    ReplyDelete