Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Small Bills


Since all of my money is back in a bank in America, I have to withdraw cash here from an ATM.  It’s not the greatest since I have to pay extra since I’m converting to another currency and not using a Chase ATM but it’s all I have.  When I get money from the ATM it give it to me in large bills.  Like 50’s and 100’s.  Well, this is a small town and NO ONE has change for those.  Even the Supermercado wouldn’t let me pay with a 100!  Some places, especially in Puylucana, can’t even change a 20.  They all use 1s and 5s for the most part, and also the centimos that are like cents.

In order to get smaller bills I had to go to the bank in town.  I’m intimidated by banks in America so this was slightly nerve-wracking.  Noelle and I thought of the words to ask about getting smaller bills before I got to the counter and I must have said something right because he took my 100 and gave me back 10 10s, easy as pie!  I’m glad I found somewhere that will actually take my large bills.  It’s frustrating when we need coins for things like the bus and purchasing anything in Puylucana and can’t get any. 

Hooray for conquering fears and trying something new! 

No comments:

Post a Comment