Sunday, February 12, 2012

A Beautiful Sunday

I'm not sure how we'll ever be able to top this weekend.  It ended with a wonderful Sunday.

This morning we were running a little behind for church and I was prepared to walk into the chapel late with heads turning at how disrespectful the gringas were...but, alas, we were right on time!  15 minutes late!  And that's how we roll in Peru :)  Our ward has actually been really good at starting no more than five minutes late so this week was an exception.



The talks were good and Sunday School was.....interesting.  I didn't know what was happening at the time (although I could tell there was some sort of argument happening) but after church we found out they were debating whether or not the Book of Mormon was important.  REALLY?!  In a Mormon church?  Our RS President said she never reads hers because all you need is the Bible.  Our teacher, Miguel, tried putting the class in their place.  He's awesome and solid and we actually understand most of his lessons.

After church we had to stop by Liz and Miguel's for some baking soda and on our way our their neighbor, and our new friend, Hermana Ruby, asked if we'd like to come over to her house for a piece of Tres Leches Cake.  Ummmmmm YUM.  Best cake EVER.  And so I, of course, asked her to teach me how to make it and she agreed!  I'm really excited to learn!  Although I'll have to adjust the recipe in the states since I won't be at 9000 feet anymore.

Since Tuesday is Valentine's Day, we've been doing the preparations for our Peruvian friends today.  We made many, many chocolate chip cookies!  These Peruvians won't know what hit them.  It's going to be an explosion of delicious in their mouth.  I probably at 10 cookies counting the actual cookies I ate and the dough...oops.  But when you haven't had one in a while, it's hard to control yourself!



Brittany and I have also been busy making the actual Valentines.  She's made quite a bit more than me as I was in charge of cookies and now I'm blogging.  Teamwork, right there :)

We were watching "The Help" as well

Have I mentioned we've been staying up wayyyyy later than normal lately?  It's like midnight!  We'd been going to bed before ten for a while.  At least I don't have to get up for class tomorrow really early :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment