Saturday, February 18, 2012

Small Bills #2


Remember this post about needing smaller bills because no one here takes more than a 10?  Well I only had a $100 again so off to the bank we went!  It was Brittany, Ricardo (one of our new friends) and I.  We got to the bank a little after 4:00 and had to wait 50 minutes in line!  We got some good Spanish/ English study in during that time though.

So I finally get to the counter and I ask the guy for smaller bills.  He responds saying something I don’t understand so I look to Ricardo.  He kind of laughed and shrugged his shoulders then just told the guy I wanted 10s.  I didn’t think much about it and thanked the man then walked out.  As soon as we’re out the door Ricardo says “The guy said that all the bills are the same size.”  WHAT?!  The guy totally cracked a joke at me and I had no idea!  I was so mad at Ricardo for not telling me that’s what he said because I was laughing so hard and now he just thinks I’m a dumb, clueless gringa.  I never would have guessed he made a joke because he kept a straight face the entire time.  I really need to learn Spanish.

No comments:

Post a Comment