While we were standing on the top of a mountain this morning Noelle made an excellent comment that got me thinking. She remembered aloud how crazy it was that we decided to come to El Bichito. Nothing was in our favor to come to this area of Peru. Everything was telling us to go to the Aldea in Trujillo.
Usually the people who don’t speak much Spanish go to the Aldea. Elliott (who I work with and introduced me to the program) LOVED the Aldea and tried selling us on there over El Bichito (which he had visited and hadn’t loved), El Bichito was going to be more work on us as we would be in charge, we didn’t know anyone that knew anyone in Cajamarca, the list goes on. Yet for some reason, Noelle and I both felt like we needed to come here. It just felt right.
Standing on top of the mountain Noelle said something like “I think this is why we came here.” And it was so true. I’m sure we would have had fun at the Aldea and we would have made friends but we needed Cajamarca. The city and surroundings are refreshing. We’ve made better friends than we could have imagined. We have time not only to work with the kids but to do our own thing and explore Peru. We get to run/ hike/ walk/ experience amazing places unlike anywhere any of us live.
I am so grateful that Noelle and I decided to come to Cajamarca even though everything was against it. And I’m grateful that Brittany was inspired to ask Noelle about it and join in on this adventure!
everything happens for a reason! :)
ReplyDelete