Monday, March 19, 2012

A Humble Home

Last Monday we went to fhe at one of the member’s homes.  It was the most humble home I’ve ever been in and I know it’s not even close to the most humble home in Peru.  They’re probably still living higher than most people in the world.  It’s a crazy thing to think about.  Even though they had nothing they still gave us bread with manjarblanco as a treat.  They were a cute little family with two kids and we enjoying having a spiritual thought (by me…yes, I prepared a thought in Spanish with 10 minutes notice.  Obviously not my best thought, but it worked), a special musical number by Brittany and a game afterward.  We played "Habla Chanco, Habla!" (Speak pig, speak!) and the little boy was so funny because when Brittany told him to "speak" he said "in English or Castellano?" hahahaha  Oh my goodness we all laughed so hard.



The three year old girl had already gone to bed by this point.
Take a look at this picture.  Notice the people that are not a part of the family we visited (plus Ricardo who's taking the picture).  None of us were related AT ALL.  Ricardo, Miguel, Brittany, Noelle and myself.  Liz and Aleksi stayed at home to get some stuff done so Miguel was the only one from his family.  It's kind of awesome that we could have a family home evening (and a completely awesome one at that) and none of us were even blood family.  I told you I had the best Peruvian family ever....even if only one of them is actually Peruvian...

No comments:

Post a Comment