Two Friday's ago we learned that the kids didn’t have school so we asked Feliciana and Merchola if they could teach us how to make a Peruvian dish. We decided on soup! And what a delicious soup it was. We bought all the ingredients at the tienda across the street. I’m a little grossed out by their handling of chicken here but haven’t gotten sick yet so that’s good. The soup had carrots, peas, rice, chicken and cilantro. Nada mas. Simple yet tasty. I guess there’s some other mystery spice they put into everything but I’m hoping that doesn’t change the flavor too much because I plan on making this when I get home.
| Where we bought the chicken... |
First you cut the carrots and shell the peas. Then you toss them into a pot and start cooking (with the garlic and mystery spice stuff).
Next you add the chunks of raw chicken. Wait until they are cooked on the outside and then add the water.
Add in rice and cook for about 20 minutes. Add crushed cilantro and cook until rice and chicken are done. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment