Monday, March 19, 2012

Teaching English

Friday night there was a big activity for Relief Society.  I wasn't feeling well so instead of hitting up the dance floor I taught an English class to some eager youth!  It was a blast!  I held a good class for over an hour with them.  It started with just five girls and then grew to include about 15 by the end.  We learned a lot of vocabulary (although they knew a TON), some verb conjugations, some phrases, questions and answers, and other things.  A few of the boys were little spitfires and would just shout out random English words they knew.  Other times I think they were cussing at me and when I told them that was a bad word in English it didn't phase them...but I'm not totally sure they were cussing because of the accent haha 



My class!!  See the little spitfires in the back?

The kids were drawing all sorts of stuff on the board after dinner.  This girl was surprisingly good at ducks...

No comments:

Post a Comment