Saturday, April 7, 2012

Another Bus Ride

Saturday we spent on a bus heading to Puno!  It was...a blast??  haha  The bus ride was approximately 10 hours.

The bus was fairly comfortable.  I camped out next to Noelle and Brittany and her mother were in the seats right behind us.  The bus ride was it's own little mini tour.  We had a guide that would talk to us about what we were driving by and then was also our guide at the few stops we made.  He would say everything in Spanish and English because our tour group was about half and half.  We may have been the only American's...a lot of the cute old couples were from Australia or New Zealand.  I'll admit, I was a little tired and got frustrated sometimes when we would stop to see something.  They were neat places, but I think I was just about toured out by this point.  You can only see so many Incan ruins before they all start looking the same.  I would cat-nap, talk to Noelle and stare out the window during the time between sites.









Here's a few pictures from the highest point we visited.  It was around 14,000 feet and beautiful!

This is one of my favorite pictures from Peru.  Gorgeous.




There's no air that high...

One of my shopping regrets...not buying an alpaca hat as seen on the left.  They were so comfortable!
 More pics from touring...




No comments:

Post a Comment