So what do we even do with 20 kids every day? All sorts of things!! The kids are so different than American kids…they are excited about anything and everything. We could do the same activity every day and they wouldn’t care. Some of their favorite activities are puzzles, coloring and reading.
We usually have 10 or so books out for them to read as they arrive to the center and wait for lunch. They read to each other and themselves and sometimes we read to them. I haven’t figured out why they like me to read to them because I honestly have no idea what I’m reading…I’m just thankful the Spanish language is pronounced exactly as its spelled.
After lunch we try to have a few activities planned. We’re to the point where we put puzzles out every day because they begged for them on the days we didn’t have them on the tables. Other activities we’ve done include: making bracelets from embroidery floss (both boys and girls LOVED this one), playing Pictionary, futbol and volleyball (with a balloon), making pop-up cards, making those little fortune tellers you made in elementary school, playing Simon Says and Do As I’m Doing, working on math facts and learning English. Every day we try to have one or two new things for them. We’ve learned that whenever we put out paper the boys will make them into paper airplanes…no matter what.
 |
| Making fortune tellers. |
 |
| Making bracelets |
 |
| Books and Puzzles |
 |
| Pictionary |
 |
| The kids guessing for Pictionary |
 |
| Edgar drew a picture of me! |
 |
| The girls love to braid our hair. |
 |
| Painting nails. |
No comments:
Post a Comment