Friday, January 20, 2012

Running Uphill


I started this post with one story in mind but as I titled it I realized it could have multiple meanings.  

First, this morning we went on a fantastic run…uphill.  Yesterday we ran downhill and it was a piece of cake.  

Today we didn’t even make it 200 meters.  The hill plus the altitude killed us.  My lungs hurt so badly even though the rest of my body didn’t hurt at all.  We all stopped and walked the rest of the way up the hill, huffing and puffing. 
 
One thing I love about the view here is the clouds.  We are so high up and it’s fairly cold that we’re literally in the clouds.  They roll over the mountains every morning hugging the tops so beautifully.  Our admiration of the view was rudely interrupted by two pesky dogs this morning.  None of us like dogs and we especially don’t like ones that bark and run at us.  I felt like the stereotypical missionary running from dogs haha  Noelle grabbed a few rocks to chuck at them, if needed, but you can’t tell if the dogs belong to anyone, and upsetting the locals is not part of our plan.  Running downhill was much easier.



How else are we running uphill?  Well this whole adventure is an uphill battle!  Cliché, I know.  But it really is.  Nothing we’re doing is easy.  There’s a new challenge every day.  I’m writing this post on January 19th but who knows when it’ll get posted because yesterday our telephone/ internet cable got knocked down by a truck and no one seems to be in a hurry to get it fixed for us.  I do have a cell phone but none of us know how to add minutes or use it so that’s useless.....

No comments:

Post a Comment